The thing is, I feel like I styled these muffins like Christmas. And I made these because I was craving this cake and because I had half of a vegan apple loaf guy for breakfast and sometimes a girl just needs a muffin. And my favorite muffin liners are parchment squares, my favorite holiday is Valentine’s Day, my least favorite holiday is Christmas, and I think I want to listen to this song on repeat, and it might be 90 later today, but I might make pizza in a 500 degree oven anyway. (I’m sayin’ a lot of things.)
So anyhow, these muffins are super tan from the muscovado sugar I popped in there. I like it because it clumps up adding these little sugar pockets, which are way better than a cargo pocket in pretty much every situation. Oh! You don’t have muscovado layin’ around? Use dark brown sugar! It’s the sister sugar.
Bake these up to eat in your car on the way to work. It’s way less messy than peanut butter toast or honey toast or a peach. So there’s that.
Vegan Zucchini Muffins (makes 1 dozen)
Recipe adapted from How Sweet Eats
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup loosely packed muscovado sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 3/4 cup freshly grated zucchini (or 2 small guys)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners or parchment squares. Whisk the dry ingredients. Add the wet. Fold in the zucchini. Divide between the lined muffin cups. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Eat 2 right away. Give 3 to a hottie. Hoard the rest for your drive to work.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
8 thoughts on “Vegan Zucchini Muffins”
ooo phwoar! I’m heading to a BBQ this weekend and I’m in charge of the baking. I’m planning Pecan pie and I was lookng for something yummy and vegan and then you posted these… decision made! WOOP.
Sometimes a girl definitely just needs a muffin! This one in particular. Yum!
these look delish. also, i am obsessed with your dansk styling 🙂
YUM! Yes. My goodness, I want them all!
I am loving the directions to these muffins! A) because it’s only 2 steps and B) because I want to do everything in step 2.
there’s 2 sad zucchinis in the fridge that have sexy zucchini muffins written all over them.