I’ve been busy lately. Busy hanging up jackets and coats. I’ve even gone to Target wearing yoga pants. Stacey London would’ve totally judged me.
But what am I supposed to do? I go from cleaning to buying shower curtain liners to painting. I just can’t change into a prom dress for Target. It’s too toasty for that.
So this is the first baked good to come out of the new kitchen. It dirtied just the bare minimum of dishes, and it baked up nice and tall thanks to those bananas pretending to be eggs. It has summery zucchini goodness and warming fall spice. I’m into it.
Vegan Zucchini Cake
Recipe adapted from The Post Punk Kitchen
- 2 1/2 cups fresh zucchini, grated + peeled
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed + smashed
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon*
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup ground walnuts (optional)
* I couldn’t find my cinnamon, so I used a heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan, set aside. In a medium bowl, beat zucchini, bananas, oil and vanilla with an electric mixer or vigorous stirring. In another bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool upright for 15 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack or cake stand. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Only 6 minutes left! Thanks burger timer.
1 thought on “Vegan Zucchini Cake”