You see, my mom’s not kidding when she says that I use every dish in the kitchen when I make stuff. I used a ridiculous amount of dishes to get these 4 little pudding cups. I strained it twice. (The malt powder was chunky and dumb, and I should’ve sifted it f’real). BUT! I promise you won’t use as many dishes as I did, and I promise you’ll love this a ton even if you’re a all-the-dishes type like me.
I’m so much more than an all-the-dishes-user, though! … I’m a grocery store back-tracker. A twinkle-toe-dancer (when I take a good bite of something-er). An over-enthusiastic-ice-cream-sundae-decider. A split-second-tattoo-deal-getter. An excessive-nap-taker. An over-order-er (when I’m hungry and at a new place). A puppy-chaser-downer. A mineral-water-chugger. A nail polish-hoarder. A lipstick-collector.
So go ahead! Take a bite and reminisce about how you’d chug that Cocoa Pebble cereal milk as a kid (or tween or teen or adult) and think about how now that bowl tippin’, breakfast slurpin’ situation is all classed up. Just consider this pudding the oh-so-grown-up way to enjoy that chocolatey dream moment, ok?
Cocoa Pebble Cereal Milk Pudding (makes 3-4 servings)
Recipe adapted from this guy
cereal milk –
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups Cocoa Pebbles
- 1 1/2 cups cereal milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 T malted milk powder
- whipped cream + cocoa pebbles crumbs, to serve
- Make cereal milk by soaking cereal in whole milk. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for one hour. Strain and chill.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium heatproof bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the cereal milk, cream, and egg yolks.
- Whisk constantly, cook over medium-high heat until mixture thickens (magic!) and is bubbling, 8-12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and pour mixture through sieve into bowl. Stir in butter, vanilla chocolate chips, and malted milk powder until combined.
- Divide between cups. Cover and chill. Serve with whipped cream and cocoa pebbles.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Hot Air Balloon Tattoo of Doom // Single-Lady Cornbread Pizza
Treat Yo Self // Pudding is Important
14 thoughts on “Cocoa Pebble Cereal Milk Pudding”
cereal milk pudding? this is so creative! i am definitely making this asap!
I use way too many dishes when cooking as well, but somehow I manage to clean it up…even if it is over a week! Love this pudding. I tried your honey graham pudding not too long ago and was just smitten with it, so I have a feeling I’ll love this too!! Also, love your nail polish colour!
I tend to use allll the dishes too so when I go to wash them I’m all ‘How did this happen?!’
Pudding is important. As are nail polish hoards and lipstick collections. aAlso these pics are A+!!
Oh my, my. I’m all those “er” things too – that’s why we get along so nicely!
I’ve just added the needed ingredients to this weekend’s grocery list. I’m gonna dive head first into this business next week. I’m so happy my first pudding is your pudding. I also can’t wait to have a bowl of cereal. You know, in the meantime.
I love your list of attributes about yourself. Makes me want to make my own list.
OMG this is such a cool mash up of child and adult food! LOVE it!
And I wanna be a cocoa-pebble-cereal-milk-pudding-eater-forever-er. YUM.
Creative and original. Can’t wait to try this!
I am obsessed with cereal milk, and you just took my crazy to a whole new level! Genius <3
You did NOT make pudding out of cocoa pebbles…holy yum!