Sometimes my hunger sneaks up on me and I require dinner on the quick. Sometimes on these nights I’m feeling too lazy to grate cheese. (Who am I!?) That’s where this pizza comes in. The best part, besides it’s tastiness, is that this can be whipped up and ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
There’s just no reason not to make this all will-nilly-like, ya’ know? It’s a breeze to throw together and goodness knows I always have pizza fixin’s in the house. I topped this particular little guy with homemade tomato sauce (freezer-style) asiago cheese (pre-shredded), crumbled goat cheese, baby spinach, and red pepper flakes.
Single Lady Cornbread Pizza
Recipe revisited from this post
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 T tomato sauce
toppings of your choice:
- cheese – mozzarella, asiago, goat cheese, etc…
- pepperoni or prosciutto
- baby spinach
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8 or 9 inch cake pan or cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients (corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt). Stir in water and olive oil, continue to stir until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer to prepared cake pan/skillet. Pat down until covering the bottom. Top with tomato sauce, and toppings.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer to a plate. Eat like you mean it.
Yay! A printable pdf of the recipe above is right HERE.
I’m more likely to eat this dinner on my couch. Just sayin’.