I love pizza and I love corn bread.
So here you go. A delicious marriage of those two amazing things.
We ate these outside. So many good things at once.
Too much of a good thing? Impossible.
Could I eat this one or five times a week? Hell yes.
Did you know that I also love individualized foods? It’s true. I do! That’s the link between my love for cupcakes and my love for these individual pizzas.
Corn Bread Pizza (makes two, but can easily be doubled)
Recipe from Meal Planning Mommies
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Tomato sauce ( 1/2 a jar)
- Pinch of italian seasoning per pizza
- Whatever else your little heart desires
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 8 inch cake pans and sprinkle with corn meal.
- Mix dry ingredients (corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt)
- Mix water and olive oil in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add water/oil mixture into the well and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Refrigerate until ready or divide in half and roll each into an 8 inch circle. Place in prepared cake pans and top with tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni and parmesan. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and put in the oven.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, rotating half way through. Remove from the oven when cheese is bubbling. Using a spatula or two, transfer to a plate. Eat like you mean it.
* This recipe can easily be made to apply for 3 people or doubled for 4 people!