Mom’s just know things.
Like the following:
- Peaches ripen quicker if put in a brown paper bag. This is good to know when you buy peaches the day before making peach crumble so they’d be freshest, but they’re not super ripe yet.
- If you’re making the sauce for on the ribs for dinner and you feel the need to thicken it with corn starch, you should take a measuring cup and remove some of the sauce and whisk in some cornstarch in the cup and not in the whole thing. This prevents clump-fest 2009.
- Room temp butter is a mere 10 seconds away, microwave style.
- Peach Crisp seems like it’d be known for having oatmeal in it.
- Peach Crumble is a name that better represents this dessert.
My parents are in town. They’re staying with me. So last night Jacob (the tall dark and handsome man in my life) made an elaborate feast, while I made this dessert!
My mom helped though. That’s her up there! Dolloping vanilla whipped cream like it’s her job!
Recipe adapted from Southern Food
- 4 large fresh peaches, peeled, pitted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup softish butter
- pinch of nutmeg
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish, or a large pie pan. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Toss sliced, and pitted peaches with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Wisk together the flour, the remaining 1 cup of sugar, salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly over peaches in baking dish. Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown and peaches are tender. Serve peach crumble warm with vanilla whipped cream!
Vanilla Whipped Cream
Recipe from Southern Food
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- Whip cream until almost stiff.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat until cream holds peaks.
- Put a dollop onto each serving of peach crumble!
You should make this tonight! It’s simple and if baked during dinner, you have a warm dessert just waiting for you when you’re ready!
4 thoughts on “Peach Crumble with Vanilla Whipped Cream”
That looks amazing! I’m going to make it when Jason gets home- he’ll love it!
P.S. The night I ate this is my most full memory. But this dessert was so worth it!