Honey Graham Oh’s are my favorite. I call them oat-y oh’s, though. I just love how graham-y they are! Basically, I’ll know when I love someone when I share my oat-y oh’s with them. You see the box is kinda small and generally lasts me 2 (maybe 3) servings. I’m serious about cereal.
I basically knew I wanted to make cereal milk pudding ever since Cindy made this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Milk Banana Cream Pie. Best idea, right?! So, get ready guys. I’ll probably be turning all the milk in all the things into cereal milk. I love it as much as Jerry Seinfeld.
P.S. I’m on vacay in Florida with my lady-friend this weekend! Escaping the polar vortex and trying to gain at least 4 new freckles.
Honey Graham Cereal Milk Pudding
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
cereal milk –
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups Honey Graham Oh’s
- 1 1/2 cups cereal milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- graham cracker crumbs, to serve
- Make cereal milk by soaking cereal in whole milk. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for one hour. Strain and chill.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium heatproof bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the cereal milk, cream, and egg yolks.
- Whisk constantly, cook over medium-high heat until mixture thickens (magic!) and is bubbling, 8-12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and pour mixture through sieve into bowl. Stir in butter and vanilla until combined.
- Divide between cups layering with graham cracker crumbs. Cover and chill.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.