It’s Christmas! So that means that mimosas are required with breakfast. Jacob and I forgot the orange juice, so it was champagne all by it’s lonesome; which is the perfect companion to these christmas crepes. Since the crepes are still warm when they are rolled up around the filling, the goat cheese and jam melt together into the most delicious flavorful combination.
These can be day after Christmas crepes, too. In case you want them tomorrow or everyday!
This is a breakfast fit for Marie Antoinette.
“Let them eat crepes.”
Christmas Crepes with Strawberry Jam + Goat Cheese
Crepe recipe from my sister Laura who used to make me dreamy crepes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 2 T butter, melted
- 4 oz. Goat cheese
- About a 1/2 cup of strawberry jam*
* I used strawberry jam since it’s winter, but feel free to use strawberries quartered and stirred with 1/3 cup sugar and allowed to sit in the fridge for an hour before filling crepes; or use any other sweet fruit jam you have on hand.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. In a smaller bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan/nonstick skillet on the stove at medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into the pan 1/3 of a cup at a time twirling the pan so the crepe batter thins and spreads out covering the pan. Flip when top is almost set. Remove from pan 30 seconds after flipping and place on a cookie sheet in a 200 degree oven. Spray the pan with more cooking spray every few crepes.
- When all crepes are done, fill them! Spread a heaping teaspoon of strawberry jam along the center of the crepe. Crumble goat cheese over the jam and roll up and place seam side down on a plate. Repeat with all the crepes and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Eat with champagne, and cheers the magic happening between the jam and the goat cheese!
Makes about a dozen eight-inch crepes.
Jake and I are crepe champs.
6 thoughts on “Christmas Crepes with Strawberry Jam + Goat Cheese”
These were a dream come true!!
hey that sister laura is me 😉 I would never have thought to put the goat cheese with strawberry jam but that sounds amazing!!!!! yummmm
Nice blog. And Megabite- of course I had to introduce myself.
Nice to meet you Gigabiting.