Merry Christmas to you!
You, who are as sweet as these delicious pancakes!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes for Two
Recipe adapted from Joy the Baker
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 T butter, melted + cooled
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- oil or cooking spray (for cooking)
- In a large bowl beat egg. Add buttermilk, butter and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well until mostly smooth. Fold in chocolate chips and allow batter to sit for a few minutes.
- Heat griddle or pan over a medium heat. Add a teaspoon of oil to the pan or spray with cooking spray.
- Pour two tablespoons of batter into the griddle. Cook on the first side until bubble start to pop. Feel free to gently lift the pancake with a spatula to make sure the bottom is not overcooking, if so the pan’s too hot and you’ll need to readjust the heat. Flip pancake with spatula and cook until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Place cooked pancakes on a cookie sheet in a 200 degree F oven until ready to eat! (Simply double the recipe for a group of four)
… as if they aren’t sweet enough on their own.
But it’s a fact that Michigan maple syrup makes everything better.