Biscuits couldn’t get much easier than heavy cream and self-rising flour… So I complicated it by roasting a beet and making them pink. I’d like to thank my new BFF, my AC window unit, making the the whole roasting and baking thing doable.
So live your life in a world with pink biscuits and feta polka dots and cute breakfast.
P.S. Thanks to King Arthur Flour for the flour and biscuit cutter! XOXO
Roasted Beet & Feta Biscuits (makes 10-12)
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 small or 1 medium beet, roasted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crumbled sheep’s milk feta
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Puree the heavy cream and beet(s) together in a food processor. Add to flour in a medium bowl. Stir in feta. Stir together. Pour dough onto a floured surface and knead a couple times until dough comes together. Pat until 3/4 inch tall. Cut out using a 2″ biscuit cutter. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Eat with avocado or eggs or on their own!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.