I’m not a summer professional. In fact, if I get too hot I can’t even talk! If I’m too hot and too hungry it’s double trouble. But I do have some tips that are sure to make summer even better.
1. Make pizza for a new friend! Eat it in you your back yard with some feta stuffed olives and chilly beers.
2. Paint your nails all neon-like! Orange and pink are BFFs. Let’s get bright and happy.
3. Cut hearts out of peppers to top your cole slaw. (My friend did this and it made my day!)
4. Bring big huge chocolate chunk cookies to a BBQ! Cookies don’t have as much trouble in the heat as cupcakes.
5. Sit outside! Get freckled knees! Gaze at a pup!
6. Infuse vodka! My current favorites are cherry, watermelon, and strawberry basil. Whoa. Let’s do this.
7. Eat s’mores as much as possible. Here they are in a cheesecake form! Do it up!
8. Always buy yourself flowers. They’ll make your house as happy as neon nails make your hands.
P.S. Oh! And when it’s too hot to even handle it. Let’s NO BAKE some stuff!
• Tarts! Strawberry Goat Cheese Tart / Peanut Butter Tart
• Bars! Peanut Butter Cup Bars / S’mores Ice Box Candy Bars
• Frozen! Berry Berry Sorbet / Fudgesicles / Raspberry Granita
10 thoughts on “Summer Living”
you just know about living! neon nails, heart peps, fleurs all the time!
buying yourself flowers is one of life’s sure-fire shortcuts to happiness, I believe. so are porches, pups, and beers.
Totally! We just know what’s up.
I live in Austin it’s already 100 degrees. It makes me sad.
I think I need to make your peanut butter tart to cheer myself up!
Oh man! It’s too hot to talk! The peanut butter tart is totes what you need.
Your pepper hearts are adorable! You know a thing or two about summer living, for sure 🙂
Aren’t you glad they exist! I want all of my foods to be heart shaped. ha