Ok. Arm yourself with a microwave and make these candy bars and pass them out to anyone and everyone that knows that s’mores are where it’s at. These will bring your kitchen and belly all kinds of no-bake love.
Repair guys don’t bother repairing things on weekends. What’s up with that? I’m crossing my fingers that today is the day that the repair guy will fix my oven, but until then, make these super simple and super good s’mores bars.
This is what was happening during the “let chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes” part.
Smoosh! Smoosh that candy bar!
That’s just a pep talk for that spoon down there.
- 1/2 of a 14 oz. box graham crackers, lightly crumbled
- 2 big handfuls mini marshmallows + a few for sprinkling on top
- 1 stick + 6 T unsalted butter
- heaping 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- heaping 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- teeny pinch of salt
- small handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Line an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, crumble the graham crackers into large chunks. Add two handfuls of mini marshmallows and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt the butter together with the cocoa power, corn syrup and salt in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Once melted, let chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture over graham crackers and marshmallows. Stir until all of the graham crackers are moistened by the chocolate mixture. Dump into lined baking dish, sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover the top with another sheet of parchment paper and press with your fingers. Allow to cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then place in the fridge to solidify for a few hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Wrap individually and store in the fridge.
Makes about 16 candy bars.
An oven-less s’mores miracle, up-close and personal.