I love Nutella. So I’m really glad it has it’s own day. I’m thinking about asking it to be my Valentine this year. Cross your fingers for me!
I also love pancakes, and so I’ve been daydreaming about these muffins for weeks. They are especially good topped with Nutella.
Or, top them with a Nutella AND a banana slice and get out of town, for real.
These are mini, so you can eat them like breakfast sushi rolls. Each muffin is a bite. Does that work? Is that a thing?
Mini Maple Pancake Muffins + Nutella
Muffin recipe from Bakerella
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 T sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 2 T melted butter
- almost all of a 13 oz. jar of Nutella!
- sliced bananas (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Butter a 24 mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Divide among 24 mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from the pan. Jostle lose with a toothpick if necessary.
- Cool slightly before piping a dollop of Nutella onto each muffin. Serve immediately topped with a banana slice.
Nutella can look like Elvis hair. So there’s that!