Because dessert needs to happen with a picnic lunch, and because I had a bunch of hay in my boots when I got home.
You see, Friday, I took the day off and headed to Upland Hills Farms. My friend’s niece had a field trip, so a couple of us ladies went too! We made a giant Italian sandwich and a tasty orzo salad for our picnic lunch. And since this particular little girl loves pancakes, (Girl after my own heart!) I figured mini pancake muffins topped with the girliest rainbow heart sprinkles would be just the thing. And she loved them! And so do I! Because these totally taste like pancakes!
These are a lunchtime breakfast dessert pancake miracle!
Chocolate Chip Pancake Mini Muffins with a
Brown Butter Maple Glaze (makes 24 minis)
Recipe adapted from Bakerella via this post, glaze adapted from here
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 3 T sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 2 T melted butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- chocolate chips for filling
- 3 T butter
- 1-2 t pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 T milk
- chopped chocolate chips + heart sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 24 mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until no flour-y patches remain. Divide among 24 mini muffin cups. Press 2-3 chocolate chips into the center of each muffin.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from the pan. Jostle loose with a small paring knife, if necessary. Cool slightly before topping.
- Make glaze by melting butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat until 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Pour over confectioners’ sugar and a teaspoon of maple syrup in a small bowl. Stir in vanilla and milk until smooth and glazey. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate and sprinkles.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Baby Cow, Horses, Hay Ride Boot Scootin’, Best Lunch
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Pancake Mini Muffins with a Brown Butter Maple Glaze”
I’ve been thinking about that sandwich since you instagrammed it! I love the sprinkles and I’m so glad you found a new pancake-soul-sista!
Yes! I miss it already! <3
Those are adorable 🙂