Let’s drink hot chocolate together, ok? Let’s drink it while looking out the window at my car that’s stuck in a snow pile.
Let’s drink it while watching Jake make BLTs for lunch. And let’s sip it while Elliot snores under his penguin blanket.
Let’s drink it while sweeping the floor clean of sprinkles, and between loads of laundry, and while listening to The Clash.
Mostly, let’s just drink hot chocolate on a snow day in a heart cup, ok?
P.S. This is the tasty beverage that I made for work, remember?
- 2 cups whole milk, or low fat milk if you want (I used skim!)
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
for topping –
- Warm about one third of the milk with the chopped chocolate and salt, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in the remaining milk and heat until warmed through. Add cinnamon. Whisk while heating until smooth.
- Serve very warm with whipped cream or marshmallows. Store extra in a jar in the fridge. Reheat as needed.
I love these heart cups. I just want to leave them out all the time as decoration.