My friend, Katie, is the coolest. She’s the cutest and most fun.
She also makes really good salads.
This one is my favorite.
Partly because it has avocado in it, but mostly because it’s delicious.
Honestly, I wish I had this in my fridge all the time for snacking.
And the bleu cheese makes it so good! You barely need any dressing.
So you guys should probably make this, and be the most popular person at the next potluck you go to because really good salads = popularity. Just know it.
The Katie Salad
Recipe from Katie, who makes a mean salad
- 1/2 of a head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber, chopped
- 3 strips of bacon, crumbled
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2-3 avocados, chopped and tossed with lime juice
- 1 cup cooked and charred corn
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta, I used Ditalini
- 4-5 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
- French vinaigrette dressing, to taste
- Cook the chicken breast, bacon, corn and pasta. Once the corn is cooked toss in a hot skillet until charred and lovely.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle lightly with dressing to taste. You don’t need very much.
- Enjoy with bread or tortilla chips!
This dressing makes this salad happy.