I took a sip of this on the rocks and it was trouble. Boozie Susan, ya know? The tartness of the rhubarb shines through. But mix this with some club soda, a little bit of vanilla bean and lemon or berries, and you’re set. The perfect spring-time drink. Not too sweet, and not too boozy (tasting).
I let this sit a few days extra. The strawberries turn into zombies and the vodka turns the perfect shade of pink. So let’s drink this on the deck! Let’s toast to sunshine and pie. Strawberries are the sweet to the rhubarb’s tart. It’s a match made in fruity heaven.
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 375 ml vodka
* Fill the jars with even more fruit! Measurements can be adjusted to be more berry or more rhubarb.
- Place the strawberries and rhubarb in large jar (or a few small ones) and pour vodka over them. Put a lid on the jar and place in a cool dark place. Leave it in there for 3-5 days, agitating the jar a few times a day.
- Pour vodka through a fine mesh strainer (to catch the berries). Store in the fridge until time to serve.
TIP: Scrape half a vanilla bean in the strained vodka and shake it! Chill and serve over ice with soda water. The perfect summer cocktail!
Print a PDF of the recipe above HERE!
This weekend I:
Made ice cream in a rush before dinner. (It’s coming later this week!) Drank this vodka at a birthday party with vanilla bean, lemon, and soda water. Ate prawns for the first time, and loved them! Tried to organize some styling props on my new white shelf!