I mean, I like banana bread, and I like pumpkin bread… Why not make bananunkin bread or pumkana bread? Yeah… these are the thoughts I think on the regular.
I took this out of the oven. I let it cool for barely 5 minutes before I sliced it ever so carefully and ate two warm, butter slathered slices in a row. I could’ve eaten more, but I mean, I’ve got to keep it under control. But you better believe that it was not easy.
So I hope you swirl fall into all of your favorite muffin-y quick breads. I hope you try to decipher the odd shapes as if they were clouds or beer foam. I hope your swirling skills end up with a heart in a slice. I just really hope it!
The moral of the story is this: mo bread, mo breakfast. I sliced up one whole loaf for breakfast-ing and sharing. The other loaf is yet to be determined… I might just eat it in four giant slices. Don’t judge me.
Pumpkin Banana Marble Loaf (makes 2 loaves)
Recipe adapted from indecision
- one batch, one bowl banana bread
- one batch, one bowl pumpkin bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray 2 large bread pans with cooking spray. Line the bottom with a rectangle of parchment paper overlapping the two long sides of the pan so you can lift the bread out eventually.
- Divide banana bread batter between both bread pans. Then divide pumpkin bread batter between both bread pans. Swirl carefully with a bread knife. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer loaves to a wire rack and cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
One Bowl Banana Bread
Recipe from my own mom
- 2-3 bananas (about 1 cup’s worth)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 T canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large bowl mash the bananas. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix, mix, mix, until completely combined.
One Bowl Pumpkin Bread
Recipe from hizere
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 heaping T granulated sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t allspice
- pinch of cloves
- 7 1/2 ounces (half of a 15 oz. can) pumpkin puree*
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup + milk mixed (pour maple syrup halfway up the side of your 1/3 cup measuring cup and then top off with milk)
* or just under 1 cup
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup and water.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed thoroughly, being sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipes above.
Are you sick of this bread yet, or what?