Maybe I’ve been spending a bit too much time dancing in my car to the new Tegan and Sara. Maybe it’s weird that I practice songs for karaoke when I have no plans of ever really singing one alone. Maybe I did sing “All I Want for Christmas is You” last year…in a group. Maybe the rumor is that we sounded like Kidz Bop. Maybe I had pizza for lunch and totally disguised my pizza-champ-eating-skills for the sake of being a lady. But most importantly; maybe I’ll just let these cookies ruin my dinner and feel perfectly fine about it.
I’ve been thinking about oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for awhile now. Ever since: my sister gave me a few giant bags of oatmeal + that time I saw this recipe on a Homesick Texan’s blog. They are delicious little two bite cookies that happen to be a bit addicting. You might eat one and feel the need to confirm your love by eating a few more. Don’t bother saying I didn’t warn you.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Homesick Texan
- 3/4 cup of butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 t vanilla
- 3 cup of oats
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and egg. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Place 1 teaspoon-sized balls of dough on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Makes four dozen.
2 thoughts on “Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I would sing for a cookie!!
These were just so delicious! Thanks for sharing Megan.