I’ve got breakfast covered for a couple weeks. I’m going to top this tan bread with butter, sea salt, and honey. I’m going to make toasty peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I’ll put a fried egg on it, no big deal. I’ll probably include this nook and crannied bread for 2 out of 3 meals a day, ya know?
And this bread isn’t knead-y. Stir, pour, set aside to rise, bake. And then your weeks get a bit toastier, and your mornings a bit crunchier. Win win.
Honey Whole Wheat English Muffin Bread (makes 2 loaves)
Recipe adapted from this Allrecipes via this post
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T honey
- 2 (.25 oz) packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 T corn meal
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, water, and honey until very warm, but not hot. Whisk in the yeast and set aside.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add warm milk mixture and beat well. Stir in enough of the whole wheat flour to make a stiff batter one cup at a time. Divide between two nine by five loaf pans that have been greased and dusted with corn meal. Sprinkle some additional corn meal over the dough. Cover with a light towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
We go together like nooks and crannies.
22 thoughts on “Honey Whole Wheat English Muffin Bread”
nooks and crannies, yo! this bread looks like a breakfast dream!
Thanks, girlfren! It’s totes a dreamy breakfast.
This looks phenomenal!
Look at the holes! Perfect for soaking up all that butter and honey. Putting this one on my “to-bake” list.
Yeah girl! I hope you love it.
I’ve been thinking about trying a bread like this. I bet that’s an awfully good piece of toast.
Yes! The toast is crunchy-good!
Easy, delicious, and no knead? I’m in. So making this ASAP. Pinned!
Yay, I hope you do!
I can totally get down with this bread. I will be making this, stat!
!!! It’s totes one of my faves.
I love honey whole wheat bread, and I love English muffins.. no brainer here
A match made in carb-loving heaven!
This looks great, plus I have all the ingredients in my house right now, hurray!
Yes! Love when that happens.
Oh man, this sounds so good with a giant slathering of peanut butter or a bunch of cinnamon sugar. Gots to get my no knead bread on!
Yeah! The cinnamon and sugar-est!
is it okay to use pure whole wheat flour here? i mean no a.p. flour at all? thanks ????