My sister Laura visited this weekend. We bought blueberries at Eastern Market with this tart in mind. We assembled it between backyard beers and impromptu pizza eating. This is a casual tart. It always wears jeans, and never goes in the oven.
- 12 double graham crackers*
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 7 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- zest from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 T strawberry jam
- 1 T honey
- Make crust. Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or in a plastic bag using a rolling pin. Make sure they are crumbs, for real, and no large chunks remain. Add the salt, and melted butter stirring thoroughly. Pour the graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press the mixture along the sides and bottom until evenly coated. Carefully place the tart pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Make filling. Using an electric mixer, beat the goat cheese with the strawberry jam and lemon zest. Spread evenly over the chilled crust.
- Sprinkle the berries. Top the goat cheese mixture with blueberries; covering the entire surface of the tart.
- Make the glaze by stirring together the honey and strawberry jam. Brush over the berries. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best, to let the crust set completely and for the flavors to meld. Remove from tart pan, slice, and serve!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
I was lucky to have my sister, Laura, AND Bailey here this weekend.