And you see, these cookies are an edible party. They taste as good as a party is fun! Skills!
These are just as easy as those patriotic cupcakes we made at Halloween with no regard. And I bet you have the ingredients in your pantry!
P.S. These could be the cupcake at your next birthday shindig. Why not, right? Follow your heart. Live your life.
Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the vanilla, almond, and egg. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients with your mixer on low. Mix in the sprinkles.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with more sprinkles if you want to and then bake until very lightly golden on the edges, about 8-9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
“I’m a Mess” sung to the tune of Usher’s “I’m a Flirt”.