Please Note: I’ve made these again! Click HERE for the new post.
These are just the snack you need when you want to pretend it’s healthy because there’s oatmeal involved. We’ve all done it. You know the scenario when you’re at the store and you could get oatmeal cookies or chocolate chip, but for some reason you feel like the oatmeal will push that cookie into the granola bar category…
So make these guys, and eat them and feel good about it. For real.
Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
Recipe from Recipezaar and my Mom
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/8 t salt
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven 375 degrees, and in a large bowl mix everything together but the jam.
- Measure two cups of the mixture and press into the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Using a large spoon, distribute jam evenly over the mixture in the dish.
- Take remaining mixture and sprinkle on top of the jam and press down lightly.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in dish for at least 20 minutes before serving. These are delicious warm.
3 thoughts on “Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars”
Ohhh, I need to make these again.. love them!
These were amazing! I’d eat them for breakfast and not even feel bad about it.