It’s time for a change. Maybe I need to cut my hair (ah! no!) or maybe I need to move furniture around and make a breakfast nook in my flat. Maybe I need to stop eating my lunch standing in the kitchen or doing dishes with my coat on. Maybe I need to eat charcuterie for lunch more often, or maybe I need to get ice cream every day. I’m not sure what I need right now other than a snack of the oatmeal and jam variety.
I’ve made these before, but I was just really hungry for them again. And you see how Elliot’s looking at me, down there? He was gazing because I was singing along to Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. while I took these pictures.
So, if you’ve never made these, please do! And if you’ve made them before, make them again! Then sing to your puppy, contemplate change, and plan a vacation. Jeez, I’m bossy.
Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
Recipe from Recipezaar and my Mom
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/8 t salt
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat everything together except the jam.
- Measure two cups of the mixture and press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Distribute jam evenly over the mixture in the dish.
- Take remaining mixture and sprinkle over the jam and press down lightly.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in dish for at least 20 minutes before slicing. These are delicious warm.
I’m serious about my love for these bars.
P.S. My friend, Jessica, is now selling giant cross-stitches like the heart one pictured. Click here to check out her shop!