The other day, while eating on the patio of a local brewery, I glanced over and saw a truck drive by with two shiba inu pups looking out at me; one white one and one tan one. I felt so lucky to get to see those cute little guys! I’m so glad I looked! I also feel lucky to live in a world where peaches exist. They’re just really pretty, and so tasty. And they are extra good right now! I’ve been buying them left and right. Making them into sliders and blending them up into ice pops.
A couple years ago, I made a peach pie granita, and so I took that idea and popsicle-ed it. I stirred in the whipped cream, but you could always just dollop it in there for more swirly-twirly pops. But basically these taste like pie without having the oven on for an hour. Feel free to serve it with pie crust pieces, or crumbles, or ice cream! Top the hell out of these. Treat them like the pie they taste like.
Peach Pie Pops (makes 10+)
Recipe adapted from this granita
- 3 cups peach puree, from about 5 ripe peaches
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 t cinnamon + more to taste
- sprinkle of ginger
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 5 drops of almond extract*
- pinch kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2+T powdered sugar, to taste
- serve with crumble, optional
* Dip the end of a spoon in the bottle and drip-drop it in the blender.
- Puree peaches, water, sugar, lemon juice, spices, almond extract, and salt in a blender; adding more sugar to taste. Press through a fine mesh strainer and transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Whip cream with sugar and stir into peach puree. Divide between popsicle molds. Insert stick and freeze overnight or until solid. Serve a la mode with ice cream and crumbles if you’re feeling it!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Elliotto relaxin’ // Bi Bim Bap with Amy!