It’s just not right to turn on the oven when it’s 90° out, and therefore 90° in my flat.
But don’t worry, you guys! This is chilly granita tastes just like peach pie! You should probably make this next time you’re craving pie or cobbler. It’s just right for when you’re craving a roasty-toasty dessert when you yourself are the toastiest of all.
- scant 2 cups peaches, peeled, halved, pitted and chopped (10 oz)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T cup sugar + more if needed
- 1 1/2 t lemon juice
- 1/8 t cinnamon + more to taste
- sprinkle of ginger
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 3 drops of almond extract*
- pinch kosher salt or sea salt
- whipped cream
* Dip the end of a spoon in the bottle and drip-drop it in the blender.
- Puree peaches, water, sugar, lemon juice, spices, almond extract, and salt in a blender; adding more sugar to taste. Press through a fine mesh strainer and transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish. Freeze for 2 1/2 hours, scraping with a fork every hour (mixture should be icy and fluffy).
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream.
A slushy bite that tastes like peach pie?! Shut the front door.