I’m kinda anti-alarm on the weekend. But it’s gotten to the point that I’m really good at sleeping in. So my bf was going to come by at 10:30 for French toast… But I woke up at 10:37! Luckily he’s good at sleeping in also. So I baked this up while I showered and stuff. Served with a lil side of huntsman cheese because it’s my favorite and it’s striped and after that cheese-break I took, I needed it. (And for a touch of savory snack livin’).
So, I’d recommend serving this up with pillow creases on your face. Maybe go to the antique store after you carb-load and buy really cute 60’s atomic teeny mugs and then nap or sit in the backyard under the cute clouds with your best pup. No presh, but I also think that it’s nice to sip sparkly water and think thoughts about self-care and being nice to yourself.
But mostly, make this French Toast, want to?! The whole baking it in the oven part keeps your morning free for putting on that new eye liner you got or trying on all your favorite socks before committing to a single pair.
My favorite French Toast (serves 2)
Recipe adapted from my heart
French toast –
- 4 thick slices of challah bread, left out to try over night
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 egg
to top –
- maple syrup
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla bean, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Warm for a few minutes over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and whisk in egg.
- Submerge bread, one at a time flipping a couple times. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden, flipping once while baking.
- Serve warm with fruit and maple syrup. Bring to your favorite person for breakfast.
Yay! Click right HEREHERE9 for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
This (right here) is fairy toast, not to be confused with French toast.
Full disclosure: I was given payment in the form of strawberries, bananas and challah bread from Door to Door Organics in order to partner with them. While this is true, all the opinions above are my own. I love this French Toast! So, thanks so much for supporting the sponsors that help make this blog of mine possible.
5 thoughts on “My Favorite French Toast (Oui!)”
This looks amazing! You can never have too many recipes for French toast!
Love this method! Looks so good.
French toast is the dang best!! Your recipe is killer. And for the record, I like fruit on my french toast too!
it may be your choice of bread and use of cream that puts this over the edge delicious-wise. i’m ready next French Toast Day!
Baking french toast to allow for more sleep time – I like it! Also, I need some challah in my life!