Pink cupcakes remind me of the days when I wanted to grow up to be a ballerina, and how I was the only girl in my gymnastics class wearing a tutu. If I could mail these to someone I’d definitely mail them to my niece Amelia who is pretty much the coolest girl ever. She is the one who I think would embrace these cupcakes in the way only a 6 year old girl who likes pink can.
Southern Style Strawberry Cake
This recipe is from Joy the Baker.
- 1 (18.25 oz) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry jello
- 1 T self rising flour or 2t flour + 1/8t baking powder + pinch of salt)
- 4 t granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, jello, flour & sugar). Add oil and mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Finally add water and strawberries and mix well.
- Put about 1 t in each greased mini muffin cup or fill half way. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the muffin tin half way through. Place on the cooling rack until cool enough to frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 0z) block cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 stick of butter softened to room temperature as well
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- Combine the butter and cream cheese until no lumps remain. Add vanilla and half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the sugar and mix until he perfect frosting.
Top with a sliced strawberry and pink sprinkles or tint coconut to a light pink to add a little something. I grated pink chocolate to add a bit of a party to the top of mine.