PLEASE NOTE: I’ve remade/photographed these since. For the updated post click HERE.
Here it is! My first serving of food loving thoughts for you! My mum is so nice to keep me rich in cookbooks and this recipe was adapted from my most recent cookbook from her: 125 Best Cupcake Recipes which can be purchased on Amazon.com.
I find that people tend to want little bites of things so that they can eat 10 instead of one big something. They feel less guilty or something. With that in mind I made these mini cupcakes. Trader Joe’s made the decorating easy by having mini peanut butter cups for snacking on, putting in cookies instead of chocolate chips or being the perfect size for decorating these mini cupakes!
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together granulated and brown sugars with butter until well combined. Add peanut butter, beating until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, beating well. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and the cakes spring lightly when touched. Cool on cooling rack and make the frosting.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 T milk
- 1 t vanilla
- Put everything except the milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix slowly with an electric mixer until the powdered sugar isn’t flying everywhere. Add the vanilla and slowly add the milk until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- Put this on those delicious little cupcakes. Top with a mini peanut butter cup and eat them like you mean it.
Imagine all the possibilities with a delicately flavored peanut butter cupcake. How amazing would these be with Maple Buttercream? Or maybe if you’re crazy about peanut butter, some Peanut Butter frosting topped with a peanut butter chip.