I love lemon bars SO MUCH. I used to buy them from the grocery store bakery. Once, I told a co-worker that’d I’d bring her some! So I bought them and proceeded to eat all 3 on the way to work. I’m a real jerk. Believe it.
But when you make a whole pan of them, there are plenty to share! And with the addition of fresh rosemary they are just a touch unique. I’ve been super into rosemary and lemon ever since I made shortbread and palmiers out of the combo. This is no different! Consider these dreamy. And don’t promise them to anyone unless you’ve already eaten 7 at home. Let’s try to keep things honest from now on.
Lemon Bars with a Rosemary Crust
Recipe adapted from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- pinch of kosher salt + more for sprinkling
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 t grated lemon zest
- scant 1 T fresh rosemary, finely chopped
lemon business –
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 6 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 t grated lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and then spray with cooking spray.
- Make crust. Mix all of the crust ingredients together with an electric mixer beating until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Press evenly into the base of the prepared 9×13 pan. Sprinkle with a pinch more salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Make lemon business. Whisk together all of the lemon business ingredients. Pour carefully over the slightly cooled and par-baked crust and return to the hot oven. Bake for 20 more minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the lemon topping has set. Cool completely on a wire rack before covering and refrigerating overnight. Slice and serve with additional rosemary if you’d like.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Coffee and salami pizza are keeping me sane this week.
22 thoughts on “Lemon Bars with a Rosemary Crust”
What? So easy and they look so good! I love the brightness to them! Yummers!
Thanks, Lauren! They’re my fave.
These sound so good! Love the addition of rosemary!
It’s like sunshine in my mouth!
I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine, I got a love and I know that it’s all mine, oh.
Yum! I just made Smitten Kitchen’s rosemary flatbread and am totally loving rosemary right now. In the crust, did you use dried or fresh rosemary? I’m assuming dried from the pics, but just want to make sure…
I used fresh! And yes, that flatbread looks so good! Maybe that’ll be next.
Autumn’s lemon bar! I’m a jerk too – I regularly buy my husband treats that never make it to him.
We have so much in common!
so smart!,,, love these !
I want to live in a land made of these lemon bars. Love the rosemary and lemon combo too! I made lemon rosemary sandwich cookies last Christmas and they were mega wonderful.
I LOVE lemon bars!!! Actually, I love anything lemon. This crust sounds so impressive and fancy!
O. M. G. YES.
Lemon bars, all the yes.
(I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine) (excuse me while I watch Easy A instead of working)
Oh holy heck yes!! Megan these are awesome and so yellow! I fell happy just looking at them!
I would of eaten the whole pan by the time I get to work.. so I think 3 was acceptable.
I can’t believe you had coffee-salami pizza for dinner!
these bars look good, for real. I’m glad you made them (finally, ha)!
Rosemary in a lemon bar crust is a great idea! I may do this with some of the massive bag of tangerines my neighbor brought us the other day…
YES. Lemon is my lyfe, lemon bars are my jam, and these are about to be in my mouth. Just… YES!
whoaaaa I’m pinning this, and it’s so simple to make!! I was thinking of making this for company today but unfortunately I don’t have all the ingredients! Next time for sure 😉