I can’t do it, you guys. I can’t muster up motivation to vacuum. We get the keys to the new place tomorrow, and I just can’t bring myself to dust anymore. I just want to clean there and not here anymore.
Do you see my point? Do you see that graham cracker bird, right there?
This recipe is all about oats getting toasty with almonds. It has a little bit to do with honey and some more to do with mini graham crackers. And on top of all that, I’d say this granola has just the right amount of crunch. It’d be a really good friend to yogurt. I can tell they’d just get each other, in a best-friends-forever way
So what if the edges got burned a little? Big deal. I promise that when I put some in a jar for you, I’ll make sure that none of the burned edges are in there. And I’ll pick out the cutest birds. And I’ll even put extra peanut butter chips in there because that’s just the kind of girl that I am.
Honey Graham Granola
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 t cinnamon
- pinch salt
- pinch cloves
mix ins –
- 1 cup mini graham crackers*
- 1 cup chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
*I used a half recipe of my Graham Crackers and cut out teeny birds and baked them for about 10 minutes with no flipping.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread oats and almonds evenly in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Stir well; continue to bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, oil, cinnamon, salt and cloves in a large bowl. Add the warm, toasted oat mixture to bowl; toss well. Spray the foil on the used baking sheet with cooking spray. Return mixture to the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- When cool, break the oat mixture into chunks; toss with mini graham crackers and peanut butter chips/chocolate chips. Store tightly at room temperature for 2 weeks.
I met this pretty apple over the weekend. Snow White-ish, right?