Breakfast is really important to me. It’s right up there with black coffee and dessert. So I guess it goes to show that when there’s chocolate involved in a muffin, I’ll be down. Down all the way.
These guys have skills. They will make your early morning feel not so early and they’ll make your late morning feel less lazy. So needless to say, you should make these.
And they’re so cute you might want to hug one before you eat it, but be careful!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted + slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate coasley chopped
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease or line 12 regular sized muffin cups or 36 mini muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in melted butter, milk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar if you’re feeling sparkly.
- Bake regular sized muffins for 20-22 minutes and minis for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Serve warm.
Just a mini chocolate chip muffin army … intimidating you with chocolate.