This weekend was a success! I hit up the bloody mary bar at Social Kitchen with Cindy and Nicole. I almost knocked over a giant jug of tomato juice, and then dropped my snack skewer on the ground (and still ate it). I don’t know what it is about going out in public that immediately turns me into Steve Urkel.
This lady brunch adventure was just what I needed! You see, I’ve been needing some no-nonsense fun. The kind that is a fun/silly distraction from common little stress-causers.
And these muffins are the baked version of that hang-out. They’re an easy/delicious recipe that is a solid distraction from the bread that you made (I made) that somehow ended up hollow. It’ll totally make you forget for a minute that you’re feeling stressed about the dishes and the laundry.
So let’s muffin our lives away! They’re the baked good remix of a simple/fun friend hang-out.
Blueberry Yogurt Muffins with Lemon Vanilla Bean Glaze (makes 12)
Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 cup blueberry yogurt
- 1 egg
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- zest from 1 lemon, reserve for juice below
- juice from zested lemon
- 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, egg, butter, and lemon zest. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold together until completely moistened.
- Divide among 12-cup muffin pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden or when a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and make the glaze.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla bean. Add more powdered sugar as needed to make the best glaze ever. Transfer glaze to a sandwich bag and snip the corner. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Enjoy!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipes above.
My nails and this yogurt are matchy-matchy.