My mom brought me this tray at Christmas and I think it might be my new favorite. It looks like a dreamy Valentine! And it makes these muffins feel really good about themselves too. I can tell they’re super confident in their red outfits, with their powdered sugar sprinkles. And these are so much more than just a brown muffin. They’ve got style, they’ve got class, they’ve got beer. And they’re tasty!
I put some honey in these because bananas and honey are a match made in heaven. And this Well’s Banana Bread Beer tastes JUST like banana bread. Should it be served in a crumb-rimmed glass? Maybe, but mostly it’s truly miraculous. So give these muffins a shot! Or a pint!
Banana Bread Beer Muffins (makes about 21+)
Recipe adapted from The Toasted Sprinkle
- 1 cup banana bread beer
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 T honey
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- powdered sugar, to serve
- Simmer the beer and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Pour into a bowl and set in the fridge to cool a bit while mixing up the other ingredients. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350F and line a 24 cup muffin tin with paper liners. (This will make just shy of 24.)
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer beat together the bananas, brown sugar, and honey until just combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- With your mixer on low, or while stirring, add your flour alternately with the beer mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until completely combined, but don’t overmix.
- Pour into lined muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes, or when a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the tins for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
I’m in total Valentine’s mode already, just like that tray up there!