Thursdays are my day. You see, I took them off work indefinitely to get my other stuff done. I’ve got important things to do today. For example, I put make-up on today fully intending to nap in it. I’m also going to clean up the stuff that’s strewn and do the dishes and make a serious Thanksgiving grocery list.
The best part is that these days normally start with coffee and splitting a donut and a egg/potato pastry with the coolest fella I know. And normally they involve fun lunch dates. Today my car is in the shop though so I’m hibernating. I’m going to make weird food with whatever I have in the fridge or pantry. I’m going to cuddle Elliot and paint my nails yellow.
I’m also going to make more cookies. Maybe even these guys AGAIN since there’s one left and shortly there will be none left. You see, these are soft and chewy and oat-y in a good way. I think they are SERIOUSLY DELISH. So, thanks Jessica for having mad cookie skills and a heart of gold to boot.
Seriously Delish Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted* from How Sweet Eats via Seriously Delish (obvz!)
- 8 T (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- flakey sea salt for sprankling
* I used a combo of whole wheat and whole wheat pastry flour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter on medium speed until fluffy and creamy. Add both sugars and beat on high speed until fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the egg, yolk, and vanilla. Scrape down the sides. Add the flours, baking soda, and salt. When almost combined add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set around the edges and golden. Cool on a baking sheet.
Note: I chilled the dough overnight for casual day-baking, so mine turned out a bit taller than Jessica’s. If you chill it like I did, flatten the mounds slightly before baking.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Winter is HERE and I’m sipping’ it // I’m a messy crafter, sorry co-workers.
Glow away, dude. It’s party time. // Margarita dates and spooky movies.
5 thoughts on “Seriously Delish Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies”
She is soooo super wonderful! You are too! Your light heartedness with your blog inspires me and makes me laugh!
Cheers, lifting a cookie to your health!
Yum! I love adding whole wheat flour into my cookies…so I can eat more and feel less guilty 😉
Yummm. I love a good chocolate chip cookie! These look amazing!
Girl, you make my Thursdays green with envy! Sounds like a beautiful way to spend any day of the week, especially if these cookies are involved 🙂