Even banana chocolate chip muffins have hearts.
Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe adapted from my Mom’s classic banana bread
- 2-3 mashed over ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 3 T oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + some melted for drizzling purposes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with potato masher until no big chunks remain. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
- Add oil, milk and egg and stir until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill mini muffin tins using cookie scoop or a tablespoon. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until tops are firm and a cake tester comes out clean. Loosen muffins with a paring knife and gently twist to loosen. Cool on wire racks.
- If you’re feeling fancy go a head and melt some chocolate and fill a sandwich bag and cut a teeny corner for drizzling or heart making.
Recipe makes about 43 mini muffins or one loaf of bread. If making the bread, bake for an hour!
3 thoughts on “Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins”
my new obsession<3
These are delicious! I was just looking to use up some overripe bananas but these came out so good I’m taking them for snack to my son’s preschool. I used semisweet chips.