Someday I hope to have an oven that fits the big cookie sheets. Currently my oven is small and sassy.
Someday I’ll eat these tartlets for dinner; you might be tempted to do the same…
Someday I will make homemade lemon curd for these guys.
Today, however, I used Trader Joe’s Lemon Curd which comes in a jar that deserves respect. So much so that I’ve been saving this jar for just the right recipe and didn’t want to merely use it on a whim. I did taste it a week ago and I almost fell in love on the spot. If you love lemon bars as much as I love lemon bars, you’ll love this remix.
Lemon Curd Tartletts
Recipe idea from my mom
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 jar of Lemon Curd (10.5 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the flour and powdered sugar.
- Rub the butter into the sugar and flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs, and there are no butter bits bigger than a pea. Drop about a tablespoon of the crumbs into each mini muffin cup pressing onto the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove and press center of each cup down with a shot glass and then bake for 1-2 more minutes. Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before lightly loosening each tartlette crust with a knife and placing on a cooling rack.
- Using a small sandwich bag with a corner trimmed, pipe lemon curd into each mini crust. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Makes about 30 little tartlets. Mine made 31. The 31st was burnt a smidgen though. My oven has an attitude, for real.
Do you kinda see what I mean about this jar? To me it looks like it should have lemon potion in it, but what do I know?