This is an exciting week! You see on Thursday evening I’m heading to San Francisco with two of my favorite people to see my BFF Katie and her husband Mark. I even get to meet Billy! I can’t even wait.
So anyhow, my friend and her boo are going to stay at my place with Elliotto, soo I made this ice cream for them! You see, Kathy appreciates how solid of a snack graham crackers and milk is, so I know she’ll love this ice cream.
This ice cream is the graham cracker-est! Believe it. The milk is infused cereal-milk style with graham cracker crust. And there’s plenty of graham cracker crust mixed in and left over to serve with it. It’s a total dream! AND beware, this could easily transform into a s’mores sundae situation. Simply serve it with toasted marshmallows and milk chocolate hot fudge. Do it, you guys!
Another reason I love this ice cream is because it reminds me of after-school snacking. I used to dunk a big stack of grahams in milk and count so that eventually I’d know exactly how long to dunk them for the perfect softness. Is that weird? Do I take snacking to seriously? Honesty hour.
Graham Crackers and Milk Ice Cream (makes a hefty quart)
Recipe adapated from Momofuku via Brit + Co + Jeni, obvz
- 2 cups graham cracker milk (recipe below)
- 1 T + 1 t corn starch
- 1.5 oz cream cheese softened (3 T)
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 T corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- graham cracker crust pieces (1/2 recipe)
- Mix a tablespoon or two of the graham milk with the cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl stir together the salt and the cream cheese.
- In a 4 quart saucepan bring the graham milk, heavy cream, corn syrup, and sugar to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly add the corn starch mixture. Return to heat and bring back to a boil for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Pour over the cream cheese mixture and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers’ directions. Transfer to an airtight container, layering in the graham cracker pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and a tight lid. Freeze for a few hours or over night. Serve as an after school snack.
Graham Cracker Crust
(Please note that 1/2 of this is used for graham cracker milk and 1/2 is to mix into the ice cream!)
- 60 graham cracker squares, or 30 rectangles
- 3 T sugar
- 2 big pinches of kosher salt
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Place the sugar, graham crackers, and salt in your food processor. Process grahams into fine crumbs. Meanwhile melt the butter in a large bowl. Pour graham mixture over butter and stir until all equally moistened. Transfer to one large or two small baking sheets. Pat into a single layer and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Break into pieces. Freeze half of the crust pieces and reserve half for the graham milk.
Graham Cracker Milk (makes 2 cups graham milk)
- 13.5 oz Graham Cracker Crust (1/2 recipe)
- 3 cups whole milk
- Pour milk over graham cracker pieces. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to steep for one hour. Strain mixture using a fine-mesh strainer or cheese cloth. Rinse out strainer and strain again. Measure out milk. It should be 2 cups, but if it’s just shy add a bit more whole milk until equals 2 cups exactly.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipes above.
Lately I’ve: worn moccasins near fancy shoes, gotten a thank you note that made my day, whisked this ice cream base all patient-like, made an emergency pizza on naan.
45 thoughts on “Graham Crackers and Milk Ice Cream”
YUM. This post made me realise how thirsty I was. Because there is nothing better than eating cookies and drankin milk, that is what I shall now be found doing.
True THAT. Dunk those cookies! Chug that milk!
1. YOU HAVE FOUND THE KEY TO MY HEART.
2. I CANNOT WAIT TO HANG!!
& 3. WE ARE DUNK COUNTING TWINZIEZ 4 LYFE.
1. OMG <3
3. I LOVE THIS.
oh yummy! i love interesting ice cream flavors!
I love graham crackers and I can only imagine how good it would be in ice cream or made into a s’mores sundae.
Yeah girl! Do it up!
So jealous you get to meet my boo Billy like fo real fo real.. I think you should add ATL as a stop on the way to San Fran, and bring this ice cream.
My flight does stop in ATL on the way! Too bad it’s only for a quick minute. I need to chicken and waffle it up with you ASAP.
one can never snack too seriously.
and, be sure to high-five the shit outta billy for me!
I love this.
I LOVE the s’mores sundae idea. Brilliant!
My husband is all about perfectly timing his dunking of cookies. He cannot be distracted. I never knew it was such a serious endeavor! I love the infused milk! Great idea. Perfect ice cream for fall.
Totes serous, man!
i would love to housesit too if it means delicious icecream.
You are like the ice cream fairy, making all of these amazing ice creams with magic and love! Grahams are one of my favorite snacks (still, to this day) and I’m almost embarrassed to say how many I will eat in one sitting. I may or may not be capable of eating this entire quart of ice cream. YUM. Have the best trip!
Man-0-man! That’s all I’ve ever wanted to be!
Graham crackers are totally hard to eat casually.
Have so much fun, Megan! This ice cream looks so, so good! I wish I could snack on it this very minute!
Pardon me while I spam your blog with comments as I catch up on my favorite food blog (yours!) after being away on holiday. You’re gonna make my butt so wide with all this ice cream, you know? 😉
Oh grrrl! You are the best ever and sweetest. <3
That is the cutest little ice cream cone!! And this ice cream is so legit.
I’m totally digging this recipe, so much. So creative! So glad to hear that somebody else doesn’t put their ice cream maker in storage just because it’s getting chilly. Have fun in SF! Relax and enjoy yourself!
Thanks, Lori! I can’t stop making more and more ice cream. I bet even snow won’t stop me. 🙂
So here I am, feeling like a loser because I’ve been eating plain ol’ vanilla ice cream all of my born days. I SHOULD have been eating Graham Crackers and Milk Ice Cream, drr.
This looks amaze.
Um, OMG this ice cream. WHAT?! I want to eat it ALL.
Also you’re coming to my city woohoo!! Eat everything and bring a scarf. 😉
And thanks for the scarf tip! I totally brought one. And needed it!
All I can say is, and forgive the french, Holy Shit Batman! This looks like the bomb!You’re totally right, it reminds me of kidhood. My daughter must have this. So must I.
Thanks for posting this recipe, and gorgeous pics by the way!
ha! I love this! Thanks so much!
When I was growing up, we completely dispensed with the dunking. We broke them up in a bowl of milk, and ate them with a spoon. The trick was finding the right ratio of milk:graham crackers, and the correct consumption rate, before they got too mushy (somewhat subjective).
lol gonna make this for my princess, shes gna love me forever <3
she's just 2yrs
Found the right dish for weekends. Thank to this article, hope to see more.