If I had a nickel for how every time I put a heart in a post, I’d have many nickels. I might be equally nickel-rich if applied to frozen chocolate. What can I say? I love love AND chocolate. Truth.
This is that kind of chocolate ice cream that makes you swear there’s coffee in it, but there’s not. It’s also creamy and dreamy and filled with Oreos… I mean Joe-Joe’s.
I’m the type of girl that would never order a blizzard with vanilla ice cream. Never. I want double the chocolate as often as possible. So get ready, world, there’s more chocolate ice cream recipes coming up forever and always!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 T + 1 t cornstarch
- 1 1/2 oz (3 T) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 t fine sea salt
- 3 T unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 T light corn syrup
- 5 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- Oreos or Joe-Joe’s
- Mix about 2 tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir together to make a smooth slurry. Whisk the cream cheese and salt in a medium bowl until smooth. Chop dark chocolate and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the remaining milk, cocoa powder, cream, sugar, and corn syrup in a 4-quart saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat, and boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Bring the mixture back to a boil for one minute, or until thickened slightly.
- Pour over the cream cheese and chocolate mixture. Whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or until cool throughout.
- Churn according to your ice cream maker’s manufacturer’s instructions. Layer with generous handfuls of crumbled Oreos or Joe-Joe’s Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface and freeze for at least 4 hours. Serve with more cookies!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf.