Please Note: I’ve made this again! Click HERE for the new post.
When I had a small birthday party as a kid, I opted for mini French Silk Pies instead of cake for my friends. It’s that good.
This is the kind of pie that makes you say: “Cake shmake. Give me another piece of that chocolate pie.”
This is one of our THREE desserts this Thanksgiving. Everyone finished every crumb.
French Silk Pie
Recipe from my lovely mother yet again
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shell or 1 graham cracker crust (make it or buy it)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 T vanilla
- whipped cream
- Using an electric mixer (or a stand mixer, if you’re lucky and have one) cream the butter. Slowly add sugar and whip until smooth.
- Blend in chocolate until mixed evenly.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating 5 minutes after each; this is a must! (Skimping on the time will have runny results. It may induce tears.)
- Add vanilla and mix until combined, scraping the sides.
- Pour into pie crust, and chill for several hours or over night.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and please crowds!