Polka dot pants are the new denim. Cowboy boots are the new cold weather necessity. Pink is the new black, and this salad is the new roasted sweet potato and black bean quesadilla. At least in my life.
I can’t stop making this! Especially because once you have the ingredients you can salad it up for days.
I made this for my parents when they visited. I’ve made this for a friend of mine twice. It’s just as good for a weekend lunch or a weekday dinner. And with all this good stuff in there it’s bound to make you super full and happy. Just warning you though, you might want to start adding crispy chickpeas to every meal in your whole life. It’s just bound to start crossing your mind always!
Crispy Chickpea Cobb Salad (serves 2-3 as a main course)
Recipe adapted from The Chubby Vegetarian
champagne vinaigrette / marinade –
- 4 T olive oil
- 4 T champagne vinegar
- 2 t honey
- 1/4-1/3 t sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 t grainy mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 T capers
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- heaping 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour half over the chicken breast and marinate for 30 minutes. Set the rest aside for the salad.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. Add the chick peas with salt and pepper. Cook and stir them now and then until crispy. While they’re crisping, heat a grill pan over medium heat and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. This will take more or less time based on how thick the chicken breast is. Heat a skillet and cook the prosciutto slices until just crisped.
- Chop all of your ingredients! Crumble that cheese! Arrange everything in rows on a plate or in a bowl. Top with salt and pepper and dressing. Enjoy!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Weekends are meant to be celebrated with breakfast.
Dreamy waffle from Commonwealth. Mini Blueberry pancakes from home.
23 thoughts on “Crispy Chickpea Cobb Salad”
I am in love with cobb salads, and this looks even better than the traditional kind! Such a great idea to add crispy chickpeas to a salad!
Yes! Crispy chickpeas steal all the salad thunder, that’s for sure!
That loos so delicious. And if a guy ordered it for me on a date I would totally not be mad.
MmmmMmmmMmmm!! This salad looks absolutely mouthwatering. xx. McKenna Lou
Yep, I need that salad and I need polka dot pants in my life. Put both on the to do list.
Or a polka dot salad and rainbow pants?! 🙂
yeeessss! as you know, this is one of my favorite salad-dinners. it’s so pretty and I love the sunflower seeds!
Yay! If you love something I always know I will too.
Just saw this on Instagram and I had to come check out the recipe! It looks SO delicious.
Thanks, Sydney! I’m making for dinner again tonight. I just have to!
I just LOVE salads like this one – full to the brim with delicious things! And major points for making the chickpeas on the stove – I am eager to try this method as I can never seem to get mine crispy enough in the oven. This may be the answer!
Yes! Dinner salads are the best ever! Let me know if the chickpeas get their crispy on in the pan-fried way.
Crispy chickpeas make my snacking hall of fame. I love the idea of combining them with a tricked out cobb salad.
Long live the chick pea! This salad looks fabulous.
salad high five!! crispy chickpeas are a gift from a magical place and I looove having them on salads.