This is more of a method than a recipe. It’s one of those things where baseball season starts and I just crave hot dogs. And when I crave hot dogs I generally crave a Chicago dog. When you give a mouse a cookie, ya know? And so I googled and wikipedia-ed and reminisced about past tasty Chicago dogs I’ve eaten before. And this is what I came up with!
So let’s make hot dogs classy! Let’s serve them up on gold foil and make them feel like the filet of your life, the party hat on your birthday, and totally glamorous like Fergie Ferg.
Chicago Dogs + Rosemary Oven Fries (serves 4)
Recipe from my heart
- 4 hot dog buns
- grainy mustard
- 4 hot dogs (I used veggie dogs here. Holla.)
- 2 dill pickle spears, cut in half
- 1 tomato, sliced
- sport peppers
- celery seed
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large yukon potatoes
- 2-3 T olive oil (a generous drizzle fo shizzle)
- salt + pepper
- 1 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- Start the fries! Preheat your oven to 425F. Cut potatoes into fries! Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, then toss. Roast for 20 more minutes or until crispy and dreamy.
- Meanwhile, in the last 15 minutes of the fry roasting, grill the hot dogs. Either outside or on an indoor grill pan or a cast-iron skillet. Spread mustard in the hot dog buns. Top with the hot dog, pickle, tomato slices, sport peppers and celery seed. Serve to your boo with fries.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.