I bet these blondies will make up for the time you used up the rest of your neighbor’s laundry soap, and when you wrote “donuts” instead of “donate” on the bring-your-own-bag raffle slip at Trader Joe’s, or when you picked napping over cleaning and drinking beers instead of water or when you didn’t do the dishes for 4 days. And by you, I mean me, and by blondies I mean one big cookie.
So whip these up and feel all casual Martha Stewart because you don’t need to let butter soften. You simply use olive oil! No waiting, no pressure, no problem. Cut them up into small square or large marges and pass them out to everyone who appreciates a sprankle! Or even to those who don’t. (WHO doesn’t appreciate a sprankle tho?!)
Vegan Sprankle Blondies (makes one 8×8 pan’s worth)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 3 big pinches of kosher salt, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- to top: sea salt, sprinkles, pearl sugar!
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar. In a 2-cup measuring cup whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla, almond butter and olive oil. Add to the dry ingredients and beat until almost together. Add chocolate chips and oatmeal. Mix until combined.
- Scoop the dough using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Blondies have more fun.