My friend, Katie, is the coolest. She’s the cutest and most fun.
She also makes really good salads.
This one is my favorite.
Partly because it has avocado in it, but mostly because it’s delicious.
Honestly, I wish I had this in my fridge all the time for snacking.
And the bleu cheese makes it so good! You barely need any dressing.
So you guys should probably make this, and be the most popular person at the next potluck you go to because really good salads = popularity. Just know it.
The Katie Salad
Recipe from Katie, who makes a mean salad
- 1/2 of a head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber, chopped
- 3 strips of bacon, crumbled
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2-3 avocados, chopped and tossed with lime juice
- 1 cup cooked and charred corn
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta, I used Ditalini
- 4-5 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
- French vinaigrette dressing, to taste
- Cook the chicken breast, bacon, corn and pasta. Once the corn is cooked toss in a hot skillet until charred and lovely.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Drizzle lightly with dressing to taste. You don’t need very much.
- Enjoy with bread or tortilla chips!
This dressing makes this salad happy.
6 thoughts on “The Katie Salad”
your friend Katie must be cool because I love all of the things in this salad! i never even considered combining a regular salad (lettuce) with pasta salad…duh!
It’s like the two types of salads got married and this is their lovechild! It’s super tasty. I hope you try it!
When glancing at the pic and looking at pasta with a lettuce salad, I got kind of grossed at first but then going through the post, it actually looks good! I want to try this soon!
Well, I’m glad you are feeling better about this salad. 🙂 I’m already planning on making it again and taking better pictures.
I made this yesterday – it’s fantastic! And it made a LOT so I’m going to have it in the fridge for snacking for at least the next few days 🙂
Ha. Yeah it totally does make alot! But it’s totally good for days!