Rumor has it these are girly, healthy muffins.
But let me tell you, boys liked them too, despite the gingham papers.
Taryn (friend, stylist, blogger) asked me to make these for the next photo shoot we’d both be at. And I’m so glad I did!
These are the perfect muffin to have around when you’re at a photo shoot or anywhere where lunch is postponed. These kept me from being crazy-hungry. And really, any recipe that has graham cracker crumbs involved is a lovely one. Fact.
Sweet Potato Graham Muffins
Recipe from Whole Foods, requested by Taryn
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, or all-purpose if ya want
- 1 cup coarse graham cracker crumbs, divided*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t cardamom or cinnamon, optional
- 1 (3/4 lb) sweet potato, peeled + grated
- 3 T butter, at room temperature
- 1 (6 oz) container plain nonfat yogurt (I used Greek yogurt.)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
* Place the graham crackers in a large ziploc bag and roll over it with a rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-muffin tin with liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 3/4 cup crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom or cinnamon, if using. Add sweet potatoes and toss until well coated; set aside.
- In another large bowl, vigorously whisk together butter and yogurt for 30 seconds. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add flour and sweet potato mixture and fold together until just combined. Divide batter between muffin tins, sprinkling with nuts and remaining crumbs. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 25 minutes. A skewer will come out clean after being inserted in the center of one. Eat 5 while they’re warm.
Elliot + his new striped Ikea cushion.
Disclaimer: This photo has nothing to do with muffins.
5 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Graham Muffins”
I plan to make these… SOON! They look seriously delicious. Thanks Megan!!!
Oh, I bet you’ll love them, Mum!
I love sweet potato anything AND I love making things with Greek yogurt! I’m definitely baking these soon!
I bet you’ll love them! I was crazy about them, and they are pretty healthy, I’d say. I mean, whole foods came up with these jerks!