Why does the wind always blow the opposite way than my hair is parted?
Why does Elliot think that his anger at squirrels will result in a treat?
Why buy black corduroys when you can get mustard yellow?
Why eat cereal for breakfast when you have sugar donut mini muffins?
Why wouldn’t you make these?!
These are most amazing right out of the oven, just after they are rolled in sugar.
You can really taste the nutmeg in these guys. So take a nutmegabite. You’ll be glad you did!
Sugar Donut Mini Muffins
Recipe adapted from Baking Bites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t ground nutmeg
- 1/8 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease muffin tin(s) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Add canola oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide batter evenly into 24 mini muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. (I used my cookie scoop)
- Bake for 10 minutes (rotating half way through) or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl. When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter. Remove from the pan by twisting gently and roll the top and sides in sugar. Cool on a wire rack and then promptly eat ten.
Makes 24 donut hole-esque mini muffins.