I’ve been snacking on pie this week … pie and chocolate marshmallows. There were definitely the occasional yogurt covered raisin too. And now it’s come to a point where I just feel like I need to get a healthy snack in my life.
So I decided hang out with some chick peas and get my crunch on in a health-conscious way. These crunch like a snack should and kinda smell like christmas. Basically, I wish I would’ve made a double recipe.
Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic chickpeas
- 1 T olive oil
- scant 1 T chunky sea salt
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/4 t coriander
- dash nutmeg
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Pour the chickpeas into a colander and drain and rinse very well under running water. Pat dry.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and spread out on a large cookie sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until brown and crispy. Turn and stir every ten minutes so they don’t burn.
- Take out and toss to taste with salt and spices.
I feel like these could be the new crouton.