Ok guys, let’s listen to this song and live our lives! I hope you all have had the best Valentine’s Day! Mine’s been weird-ish this year, but don’t worry, to me Sunday is the big day. I bought a new coral dress and will wear heart tights and plan on making a million mini foods and over-serving mimosas to my favorites.
In the meantime, I totally made these twice last weekend. Once for my friend’s baby shower and once so I could photograph them for you guys! I brought them to work this week and they were a hit! So feel free to bake them up and pop them in a chocolate box and give them to a hottie, or to anyone except your dog since they’re chocolate and all. Hope you all feel loved today!
- 1/2 cup (1 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (I used a mixture of light + dark)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cups flour
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 T butter, softened
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 3/4 – 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Butter or spray with cooking spray, the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish; cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan so that it overlaps two sides. (You’ll be able to lift out the brownies with the parchment paper later on.) Press into the greased surface.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, and chocolate. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. If the chocolate is not softened continue to microwave at 20-second intervals, removing before completely melted, stirring until smooth.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into the melted chocolate with a wooden spoon. Beat in the flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks. Pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and lift out with the parchment paper. Allow to cool completely. Cut into small squares.
- Make frosting by beating together the cream cheese, butter, caramel, vanilla and a cup of powdered sugar. Add more and beat longer until it is thick enough to pipe. Pipe onto the brownie bites. Sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
It’s true! P.S. My annual Valentine’s Brunch is Sunday. Follow along on Instagram for sneak peeks.