Someday when I grow up, I would like the the following things for Elliot:
- Big windows Elliot can see out of without having to stand on the back of the couch
- A fenced in yard so Elliot can independently and leisurely nap outside
- And of course, a dog bone cookie cutter, not that he minds the stars and hearts
Whenever I bake something, Elliot will patiently nap beneath the table that holds cooling baked goodness. He has high hopes that someday a whole plate of cookies, or a cake will magically end up on the floor just for him. I thought it was about time for him get his very own homemade treat. He thinks these are very delicious too. After eating one, he promptly checks the carpet for any stray crumbs of this peanut butter goodness.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.
- Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 20-30 dog medium dog biscuits. I used my tiny cookie cutter so mine made 3 cookie sheets full!