Someday when I grow up, I would like the the following things for Elliot:
- Big windows Elliot can see out of without having to stand on the back of the couch
- A fenced in yard so Elliot can independently and leisurely nap outside
- And of course, a dog bone cookie cutter, not that he minds the stars and hearts
Whenever I bake something, Elliot will patiently nap beneath the table that holds cooling baked goodness. He has high hopes that someday a whole plate of cookies, or a cake will magically end up on the floor just for him. I thought it was about time for him get his very own homemade treat. He thinks these are very delicious too. After eating one, he promptly checks the carpet for any stray crumbs of this peanut butter goodness.
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker + Sugarlaws
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.
- Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 20-30 dog medium dog biscuits. I used my tiny cookie cutter so mine made 3 cookie sheets full!
12 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Dog Treats”
I’m sure he didn’t mine the stars and hearts! Glad he enjoyed these treats 🙂
THIS IS SO CUTE!!! I’m planning on making these for my pet poodle 🙂 Plus I have some peanut butter lying around that my dad has been wanting to be finished for so long (he’s against peanut butter unless its organic) so this will be a great way for me to use `em. Thanks!
Thanks Meg! I bet your poodle will love them!
I stumbled onto your blog by sheer luck when googling recipes. You have totally inspired me to do all kinds of fun baking. I love your blog (and so do my co-workers who get to taste the yummy treats I’ve made).
Had to share that my dog Bella LOVED these cookies. And when I say loved, I mean she was licking my face to the point I thought she might think I was a schnauzer-shaped pb cookie and eat my face off. I should’ve taken pictures of her burying her head into the couch cusions hoping to find crumb remnants. WHAT A HIT!!! I think I’ll make these again to give out as doggie treat presents. Thank youuu!
Anna Banana! I’m so glad your pup loved the treats. Elliot was the same way! It’s so cute to see dogs’ excitement over baked goodness that was made just for them. 🙂
And can you even believe that today is the day that I finally got a dog bone-shaped cookie cutter? I’m going to peruse more dog treat recipes and hopefully will have another one to post soon.
they look FABULOUS! just a question, are dogs allowed to eat peanut butter? i read in an article once that dogs aren’t suppose to eat peanuts as they are quite poisonous to them. thanks! 🙂
Hmm… I’eve never heard that peanut butter is bad for dogs. My dog has never had any weird reactions. I guess ask the Vet? They’d know for sure, what’s up. 🙂
Awwa! I want to make these for my dog!!!
OOh you totally should!
And try these pumpkin ones: http://www.takeamegabite.com/pumpkin-pup-treats/
Elliot loved both. <3