Elliot goes to a really nice vet. He loves her! Not many pups can say that.
And I’ve had this cookie cutter for so long! I figured the perfect time to use it would be to make fun cookies to bring to Elliot’s appointment earlier this week with Dr. Nicole. You see, she’s just the best!
These are peanut butter cookies of the roll-out variety. They are extra good right out of the oven, but what cookies aren’t?
I made some chocolate peanut butter squirrels, too. Elliot isn’t too happy that his cookie-self has to hang out with those little dudes.
I used an all natural peanut butter for these cookies. It’s just made from roasted peanuts. I didn’t make the peanut butter, but rumor has it you can make it easily with some peanuts, a food processor, and a dream.
I hope you guys try these cookies!
- 3/4 cup + 2 T pure peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 T packed dark brown sugar
- 3 T honey
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 t baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- chocolate for decorating + squirrel making
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream the peanut butter, sugars, and honey together until combined.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and add mixture to peanut butter goodness. Add the milk and beat until combined. The dough should hold together when pressed. If it’s still too dry add a tablespoon more milk. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to an hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. (I find that it works best if you knead the dough a bit and then rolled it out. It’s a bit crumbly, but it works!) Cut with 2-4 inch cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Top with chocolate to decorate. (I used a toothpick!) For the squirrels, just add a couple tablespoons of peanut butter per 1/2 cup of melted chocolate and chill in molds.
This peanut butter saved itself for these cookies.